Thursday, January 10, 2013

Made It To Phoenix...Now What?

A couple of days ago, a group of 12 BVU students, myself included, made the journey to Phoenix, Arizona for a J-term trip lasting a couple of weeks. You may be asking yourself, what could be in Phoenix? Well I would tell you a lot of things. But mostly what is in Phoenix for me is a chance to better understand what I want to do with my life as well as bettering my career prospects after I graduate from BV. This trip is a sports management and marketing trip, which matches perfectly with me as I am a junior sports management major.

I decided to become a sports management major because of my love of sports and numbers so I thought going into the business side of sports would be perfect for me. Right now I am thinking about being a financial person in a college's athletic department but I would also like to be able to coach middle school girls' basketball as well. I do not have this career path set in stone and I would really like to see what else the sports world has to offer.

I think that the main thing that this trip is going to do for me is give me more exposure to the things that I am able to do with the major that I have so that I know where I want to be in the realm of sports. So far, I have been impressed with Arizona State University and they are solidifying my choice of career plan that I have picked out so far.

ASU Hall of Fame
ASU Football Stadium

But I don't know what information the other meetings will have so we will find out later if I change my mind before this trip is over!

Until next time,
Lacey

No comments:

Post a Comment