Monday, January 14, 2013

Top 5 Moments Thus Far #PhoenixStyle

5. Phoenix Regional Sports Commission - This made my top five due to my love of the game of sports. We were able to meet with Rob Yowell, who is the interim president. He was able to give us great knowledge about opportunities within their business and how they connect to the rest of the city. I could see myself working for these people due to they are involved with all of the levels of sports from youth tournaments to bringing in different club tournaments. 

4. ASU Women's Gymnastics Meet - During our free time the women of the group were granted with tickets to watch the ASU Women's Sun Devils gymnastics meet versus #4 Oklahoma. Attending this meet caused most of us to wish we either continued with gymnastics or actually started. It was amazing to see the difference in height between our heights and theirs. I wish BV had a gymnastics team as it would be very entertaining to watch!

3. ASU Tour - Arizona State University's campus is quite large as ours is VERY small in comparison. We weren't able to tour the whole entire campus, but my favorite part of the tour was definitely seeing Sun Devil Stadium. I found it fascinating due to just having watched the Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl Game which was at that stadium.

2. Karsten Manufacturing - PING - Karsten Manufacturing was able to give us an insight to the golf world, especially the company of PING. I am very interested in golf as my father is a manager of a country club in my hometown. We were blessed with the tour given to us by Abby Oates around the facilities. The tour included seeing the making of putters, irons and woods as well as seeing where customers can be given a custom fit for PING clubs. One interesting thing about PING is that they don't sell directly to the customer as one would have to go through a retailer to get them. Even though we were told that the industry is hard to get into, I am willing to take a risk to try and get my foot in the door.

And finally, the number one moment of the trip this far is:

1. Arizona Diamondbacks - This was by far the greatest part of our trip. I am a baseball fan and the behind the scenes access we were granted was AMAZING! We were able to go into the Clubhouse  and into the dug out. I truly don't think I would ever be able to get this experience again. We did meet with two of the sales force, Travis Baker and Mike Dellosa. These two gave great advice to all of us not just about in sales or sports but life in general. Both sold the team well as we heard most of their employees, in sales at least, are promoted within which produces a smile on my face! :)

After all the experience is not over yet, as there are many other teams and companies to visit on our last week.


                  
                                                      In the dugout at Chase Field.



                                                            Our group at Sun Devil Stadium        


                                                     ASU Women's Gymnastics Meet

That's all for now down in the "freeze" as the locals would call it!

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment