Tuesday, January 8, 2013

From Local to Phoenix

Today we leave for Phoenix for our Sports Marketing and Management trip, but it took a lot to get here. As a sophomore I've also been blessed with the opportunity to travel locally with the Marketing club. Last spring semester we were able to go to Des Moines and meet with professionals from the Iowa Cubs and Integer. Going to the Cubs was helpful in that it gave me an interest in the sports side of things with Marketing and Management. From that trip it has led me to think that this opportunity to go to Phoenix would be a great idea. Also going to Integer gave me the idea that living in a city would be awesome, but actually working for an advertising agency is not something that I would want to do.

This fall I was able to go to Omaha and visit ConAgra and attended a marketing association meeting. Although this trip wasn't about sports, it was very educational. I liked the idea of meeting with different professionals, but it was also quite intimidating. ConAgra was an exceptional place to view. I feel like it would be a great place to work because I love food and the idea of marketing it creatively.

That's all for now. Looking to stay warm,

Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment